Monday, June 6, 2011

Just a Thought

Sometimes I wonder about something...

If more people were to stop in the rush of busyness and think during the day; specifically if more people would take the time to be thankful each day, even if it's for something small...

What would the world we now live in be like?

Would we have less impatience? Less disrespect? Less crime? I'm not sure. 

It still makes me wonder, though... 

Personally, I'm striving to be more thankful and I see a change in myself when I do this. Once I realize all the things that God has given me, life just becomes that much brighter! 

And why wouldn't I want that? :)

2 comments:

  1. Thankfulness is indeed important, but by itself it is not going to cure all the worlds problems. Thankfulness will have an impact on us and those around us, and make the environment we live happier. There is however something far more important, and that is the love of God. With that love truly influencing our lives we cannot while manifesting that love be impatient, or disrespectful, and we will abhor crime. Thankfulness can and should be a result of God's love, then and only then will it be truly life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh some good thoughts! Thanks for your input...I very much agree. If I had taken more time to think and write my post I would've inserted some of those thoughts as well, but it was just a short snippet. =) God's love is where it's at - that's the whole reason we have any hope at all! But to be thankful...that's one way of appreciating Him for what He has done for us.

    ReplyDelete