Monday, July 2, 2012

I recently picked up the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. I know many have premonitions about this book, fearing that it will condemn them for dating and/or having relationships in general, and I think like most people, I perhaps felt a little bit like this for a while (alas never picking it up until now). Upon paging through the first, second, and third chapters, however, I have to say, it has been a blessing and a very encouraging book. 

More than just a book about our human "relationships" (or...the lack thereof?), it's really showing me that our focus should be on developing a relationship with our Heavenly Father. The author isn't about bashing relationships, but rather he encourages the relationship we have with God as a precursor of sorts for our friendships and relationships with others. That's just from the first three chapters though, and I'm excited to read the rest of it! 

In other news, my weekend was kind of nice and relaxing. I went to Chattanooga First SDA Church on Sabbath, which was a blessing. The young man who spoke was really good and made some profound points in his sermon entitled "I'll believe it when I see it". One thing that really stuck out to me was the fact that the blind men that Jesus healed couldn't see him, yet they followed Him and had faith that He could heal them. 

Sometimes I wonder to myself...do I follow Christ the way I should, even though I can see everything He has done for me throughout my life? Why do I doubt Him so often? He is God after all. I could probably work on that a bit, but only by His wonderful grace.

Anyhow, after church, I went for a drive up to what they call "Raccoon Mountain" over here in TN. I have to say, it is SO beautiful out here! Where I go to school in Walla Walla, Washington, it is just so dry and one big farmland in comparison. We have so many trees and rivers and nature out here in Tennessee and it's wonderful, I'm totally enjoying myself! God is really a wonderful creator and artist... 

No comments:

Post a Comment